December 9, 2022.
10 benefits of the sea that you experience when joining us in one of our Meet the Sea experiences around the Ibiza coast.
I have often wondered why being at sea makes me happy. Perhaps the fact that I was born in Ibiza accentuated the importance of answering the question. Over the years I have observed people at sea and read abundantly on the subject.
Here are the 10 benefits to being at sea with us:
- The health impact of sea air. As we approach the sea, before we even set foot in it, we are overcome with a sense of calm and wellbeing. Why is that? A study conducted by Jo Garrett, of the University of Exeter, concentrated on the benefits of mental health due to coastal proximity. It appears that being near the sea reduces depression, anxiety and mortality rates.
- The positive effect on your brain and lungs. The immediate sense of improved breathing is the result of salt in the air. As Oceanic states, the ocean’s waves produce negative ions that increase oxygen flow to your brain. As a result, you feel more energised and relaxed. Minerals in sea water also help clear the airways and breathing the sea breeze naturally cleanses our lungs.
- Natural relaxation at sea. As we leave the harbour behind onboard our boat, we begin to feel surrounded by silence and peace. Only the sound of the waves and light ocean spray surround us as the morning sun awakes our senses. We feel calm, invaded by a sense of peace and wellbeing as we look forward to our sea adventure.
- Feeling social and energised. Friends, families, different age groups and nationalities all converge in a medium size group on the Family Boat trip. The joy we feel when setting out to sea enhances our social instinct, the desire to interact and appetite for adventure.
- The challenge posed by the sea: Our sometimes too sedentary lives need a good impulse during the sea holiday! As soon as we drop anchor, we start our mask and snorkel fitting session. In a matter of minutes, you start our guided snorkelling tour exploring the bottom of the sea and discovering the underwater world.
- Calm at Sea: No sounds, only breathing. As you begin to follow our guide who leads you into the unknown, we only hear the sound of our breath. The snorkel amplifies the sound of our rhythmic breathing and we feel a natural meditative state invading us.
- Sense of achievement after the adventure: Swimming in open seas, interacting with sea creatures and seeing 20 feet of water below you is unusual! Your mind acknowledges the challenge and your soul feels enriched and strengthened as you arrive back to the boat.
- Personal growth of children and adults: We are always impressed by the courage shown by small children in deep waters. By their smile after they conquer their fears and the satisfaction that is drawn in their faces. And by the joy felt by parents as they watch their children. Only because of this single aspect the adventure is worth your time!
- Your skin, your muscles, your mind: Feel the impact on your skin as the minerals act during our snorkelling tour. Feel the soft impact of exercise at sea: your muscles tighten in a natural and gradual way, your joints do not suffer and your mind is ta peace.
- A return to land filled with joy: We arrive back to the dock feeling different. A sense of adventure, wellbeing, achievement, serenity and health surrounds our being. We are now feeling better about ourselves, more positive and eager to go out at sea again. Come join us in 2023 to discover it for yourself!